[Sussex] Re: ncurses is conspiring against me.

Captain Redbeard hairy.one at virgin.net
Mon May 16 20:25:00 UTC 2005

Greetings,

 > Paul Turner wrote:
 >
 > Does initscr() have a return value?
 >
 > Try:
 >
 > (void) initscr();
 >
 > instead?

Never mind, some hours after posting my original query I
made a major breakthrough!  My program has all the
functionality I want it to have initially, it *seems* to be
doing what it is meant to be doing AND Valgrind reports zero
errors and zero memory leaks (other than whatever ncurses is
doing)!  Therefore it really IS Almost Ready(TM) for its
0.0.1 release.  I still want to neaten up the design,
remove/encompass the debug code, make it more
user-tweakable, etc. but they're relatively trivial tasks
compared to what I've achieved so far.  The ncurses library
was useful to get the project off the ground but it is not
designed for this kind of program so I plan to adopt a
proper 2-D graphics library (Allegro seems like the best
choice at the moment) before long so I'm not really
interested in getting too involved with ncurses.  Thank for
the reply anyway.

--
Captain Redbeard

Insomnia - it's not a condition, it's a mentality.
Registered Linux user: 388693.
Registered Linux machines: 289172, 289173.
v2sw5+8C+JGhw5ln4/5pr6/7Ock1ma6/8l6+8Sw3+2e4t2b9Hen4+6
g5+3RHaIr9 Hackerkey.com