[Sussex] Apache + SSL + virtual host

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Wed May 25 09:25:29 UTC 2005

Simon Huggins wrote:

> That's wrong too unless you just forgot the "on the same IP".

Ah! That is where I was getting confused, I've only ever tried it on a
single IP.

> But that doesn't mean you can't virtual host many SSL sites from one
> apache instance.
>
> I have:
>
> Port 80
> NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.3
> NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.4
> NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.5
> NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.6

<snipped>

The above would seem to imply that you have a way of routing http requests
for several local (non-routable) IP addresses to one box running apache.

Now, I know it's possible to have one nic respond on more than one IP
address, but how do you route to multiple local IPs - or is this all for LAN
access only?

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?" "That
depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat - Lewis Carrol