[Sussex] Broadband and Suse 9.2

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Wed May 25 18:06:00 UTC 2005

awd wrote:

> Am new to this LUG and any other for that matter, so please bear with
> me if I do not post correctly
>
> Can anyone help on my little problem?
> Running Suse 9.2
> All going well, apart from minor noggles [lexmark printer mainly]
> Email Browser fine no problem on Dial up
> Then I went Broadband.
> Configured Router and Email okay, pinged addresses , okay
> BUT cannot Browse with any browser.
> So disabled modem, took of browsers, eneded up reloading Suse as
> desperate measure, [no modem connected] Network setup MTU adjusted
> 1468 all obvious figures and entries checked, still no browsing [Stars
> by Looking up... then connecting to.. THEN nothing . Something is
> happening very very slowly .
> So reloaded modem and setup and great browse through that. Went
> through the same routine, checked working in win98, same disk, fine no
> problem.
> Any ideas, please
> Thanks

Ha, I'm crap at this linux lark (I just don't get it most of the time!).

Things that come to mind are firewalls (had problems with them in the
past) and permissions i.e. you can ping an address (presumably an
external one, not just the router???), but I'm supposing that thats from
a terminal???

So, surely, that means that it must be browser connected??? hence
suggesting permissions.

Sorry if thats not much help, but it's all that a nugget like me can
think of! - One of the knowledgable types might have better suggestions.

regards

John

p.s. awd? What an unusual name!