[Sussex] RDP on linux?

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Wed May 25 20:06:42 UTC 2005

Diego Moore wrote:
> On 5/24/05, Paul Tansom <paul at aptanet.com> wrote:
>
>>I think you'll find that putty.exe makes changes to the registry to
>>store its connection info, and that may not be too popular.
>

> Actually this is not the case at least for the version of putty that
> comes without an installer. Its just a case of having the putty.exe
> file and all your preferences are stored on the exe

Don't think so.  Have used a vanilla putty.exe from a CD in an internet
cafe to do a spot of emergency remote admin while on holiday (yeah, I
know, I know!) and had someone else's saved settings magically appear in
the saved sessions!! Gotcha!  They are saved on the local pc somewhere
and I suspect it is the registry.

--
Ronan

e: ronan at thelittledot.com