[Sussex] Broadband and suse9.2

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Fri May 27 08:09:06 UTC 2005

Hi awd

awd wrote:
> iptables -n -L
> Chain INPUT (Policy Accept)
> target prot opt source                               destination
> Chain FORWARD (Policy accept)          target   prot opt
> source                              detsination
> Chain OUTPUT (policy accept)
> target   prot opt source                            destination

Basically this is a printout of your current firewalling setup for your
linux installation.  The above tells us that there is no firewall
installed at all on your workstation (good!).

I don't think that its the workstation that's causing the problem.  What
router model do you have?  Did you have to install specific 'drivers' or
software to use it with windows?  If so what?  How is the firewalling
configured on the router?  Can you send us some sort of printout of the
firewall settings?

Oh, one other thing.  In Linux in a terminal window can you do

ifconfig -a

and then in win98, go to Start > Run, type in 'command', click ok and in
the DOS window, do

ipconfig /all

and whizz the results to the list.  Both of these commands will give us
a printout of your networking (ip) setup which will contain useful info.

Don't despair yet!  I'm sure the collected might of SLUG can beat your
web browsing into submission!!!  Linirvana awaits!!!!

;-)
--
Ronan

e: ronan at thelittledot.com