[Sussex] LugXpo Lite Update...

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 11:54:42 UTC 2005

Nicholas Butler wrote:
> So ive checked out the Town hall and its perfect for a little
> meeting ... with only a couple of little exceptions.. theres only two
> plugs in the whole hall. !

Whoops - good old Horsham Council, like most, living in the past ;)

> So unless anyone has a marvelouss invention for creating energy from
> nothing and passing it into the backs of demonstration computers i am
> going back out to look for venues in Horsham ( before someone chimes in
> with Handcross as a venue ![1] )

It's not possible to create energy from nothing - but you could either
get a load of generators, or a small neuclear reactor - all more viable
options than rewriting the laws of physics... (*waits for someone to
chime in with a Star Trek quote*)

> I have however sorted catering, sound system, marshalls,insurance,
> funds, vendors and distributions whom have all committed to helping out
> in one way or another . i have even blagged some free demo kit to use
> for the day in case we need more .

Are you getting any of the big vendors involved, or is this a 'Microbiz'
type affair? (I'm asking as me, not as my employer :P )

Jon