[Sussex] Sony violates LGPL

G.J. Teale gteale at cmedresearch.com
Fri Nov 18 15:24:28 UTC 2005

Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> writes:
----%<------  >> But also note there is a big difrance between GPL
and LGPL!  > > Very true.  You can compile in LGPL code and not
publish.  Well, > if you modify the LGPL code you must publish
that.  However, as > I said earlier, GPL code has been found in
the DRM s/w so that > code does require publication.  >  Indeed,
the things I've seen suggest that code was copied and pasted into
a non-free program - and neither the GPL or the LGPL give you that
right.

--
G. J. Teale Software Engineering Team Leader  Cmed Group Ltd.
Holmwood, Broadlands Business Campus, Langhurstwood Road, Horsham,