[Sussex] Sony violates LGPL

Paul Turner pturner at rentokil.com
Fri Nov 18 16:18:10 UTC 2005

G.J. Teale wrote:

> Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> writes:
> ----%<------  >> But also note there is a big difrance between GPL and
> LGPL!  > > Very true.  You can compile in LGPL code and not publish.
> Well, > if you modify the LGPL code you must publish that.  However,
> as > I said earlier, GPL code has been found in the DRM s/w so that >
> code does require publication.  >  Indeed, the things I've seen
> suggest that code was copied and pasted into a non-free program - and
> neither the GPL or the LGPL give you that right.
>
> --
> G. J. Teale Software Engineering Team Leader  Cmed Group Ltd.
> Holmwood, Broadlands Business Campus, Langhurstwood Road, Horsham,
> RH12 4QP, United Kingdom  T +44(0)1403 755 071 F +44(0)1403 755 051 M
> +44(0)7776 195 211 E gteale at cmedresearch.com   W www.cmedresearch.com
> __________________________________________________________  Driven by
> technology. Guided by experience.
> __________________________________________________________ Don't mind
> him; politicians always sound like that.

Nice fortune ;-)

P.

--

*/Paul Turner/*
Applications Team Leader

EMail: pturner at rentokil.com DDI: +44 (0) 1342 332 677 Telephone: +44 (0)
1342 327 171 Fax: +44 (0) 1342 332 551

Information in this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is
intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender, and please delete
the message from your system immediately.