[Sussex] Running command on computer boot

John Thompson jdthompson at themutual.net
Mon Nov 21 17:25:07 UTC 2005

Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> With Mandriva the function of setting the time is set automatically
> during boot (Option to enable in setup).
> Desmond.

Ah! Discovered that Suse has similar functionallity, but was not
switched on.

I set it to use a UK time server somone reccomended:- uk.pool.ntp.org -
seems to work.  Is this the best one?

Thanks for all your help - but I will save up for a new battery!

Actually, even when the battery was good, the clock used to drift quite
a lot so this NPT thing is probably worth having.

Do dual boot to W2000 occasionally (not so much now) so not sure what
Windows will make of the clock setting.

John