[Sussex] the Moot.

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 11:54:20 UTC 2005

Steve Dobson wrote:

>You missed a good one.
>
>It went very well.  I must admit that when he sent me the Impress file
>and I saw that it contained 85 slides I was worried.  I was also worried
>because most of the slides where screen shots of the Debian install
>process - screen I know and love (mostly).
>
>But Gavin presented it well.  The most of the screen shots were there
>to show the view what they would see as you install Debian - that what
>you were looking at was normal and that you need not worry.  Thanks
>again Gavin.

I knew it would be - Linux and starter level stuff is, as you know,
something that I'm quite interested in, as I still feel that theres so
much that I should know, but don't.

I presume that you're going to post the impress file on the SLUG site ???

It's doubly annoying as I also missed Fays' presentation on OOo - also
something that I'd like to know more about. Work gets the blame for that
one !

>Other news.
>
>Nik said that he wants a Christmas get together - 2nd week of
>Dec at a Curry House in Crawley or Horsham.  He's organising it,
>he is setting the time and place.

Well I'd enjoy that. Free days for me would be 3rd, 4th and 5th, then
10th and 11th followed by any day from 17th onwards (back to work on
Boxing Day night :( ). So if Nik could make it one of those days, then
I'd be "up for it"! (and yes, apart from my scheduled week off post
17th, the others are weekend days).

regards

John D.