[Sussex] introducing myself

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sat Nov 26 13:40:20 UTC 2005

Afternoon,

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 10:45 +0000, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> Hi Sussex Linux Users
>
> I'm Nic Ferrier. You can check out my website here:
>
>    http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk

Nice to have you on the list, I've seen your name somewhere before but I
can't think where.

BTW, my wife is almost definitely a user of the Sweet and Maxwell
online-precedents system mentioned on your website.

> I have lived just outside of Crowborough for 5 years now and have been
> meaning to join this mailing list for some time.
>
> I'm a Debian user but really I'm more interested in GNU than Debian
> per se.

That's an interesting statement, it sounds strongly like recognition
that the system is GNU with a kernel called Linux in some setups.
That's a point that I'm always keen to see reinforced :-)

> I'd really like to come to one of the moots but I'm usually quite
> busy. However, I'm sure I'll make one in the fairly near future.

A common problem.  I used to go all the time, but now I only manage to
make one or two a year :-(

--
Geoffrey Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation