[Sussex] introducing myself

Geoffrey Teale tealeg at member.fsf.org
Sat Nov 26 17:55:00 UTC 2005

Evening,

On Sat, 2005-11-26 at 14:24 +0000, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> Geoffrey Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org> writes:
>
> > Nice to have you on the list, I've seen your name somewhere before but I
> > can't think where.
>
> Probably in connection with GNU.
>
> I do GNU website hacking, I do savannah hacking, I do emacs hacking, I
> do a whole bunch of other hacking  /8->

Ah.. almost definitely in connection with Emacs - I lurk around the
emacs-devel list. BTW, I'm already becoming rather fond of the new
icon.  :-)

> > BTW, my wife is almost definitely a user of the Sweet and Maxwell
> > online-precedents system mentioned on your website.
>
> That's great. Does she like it? Or is it awful?

Acutally it turns out I was wrong :-(

She uses some other systems (I think she said Butterworths???) - I just
know the name Sweet & Maxwell and made some logical leap :-)

It's all rather confusing for me as I used to work for Thomson, the
company that owns Sweet & Maxwell.

> > A common problem.  I used to go all the time, but now I only manage to
> > make one or two a year :-(
>
> I know. Life keeps on getting harder and harder.

It sure does.  Fortunately the things at work that keep me from LUG
meets tend to be stuff like creating a structured documentation tool
based on muse-mode for Emacs.  That makes it all worth while.

--
Geoffrey Teale <tealeg at member.fsf.org>
Free Software Foundation