[Sussex] Asterisk Hardware

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sun Nov 27 15:27:00 UTC 2005

On Sat, November 26, 2005 20:22, Adam J Purcell said:
> On 11/26/05, John Crowhurst <fyremoon at fyremoon.net> wrote:
>> If you want caller id, you have to apply UK callerid patches to the
>> Asterisk PBX, as BT use a nonstandard delivery system.
>
> Hmm, interesting.  Just like BT to use a non-standard system!  I
> assume Telewest must use the same system or caller display phones
> wouldn't work.  I'll take a look into that.  That would probably have
> stumped me!  Thanks for the heads up.

The patches you would need to apply are found here:
http://www.lusyn.com/asterisk/patches.html

BTW, Asterisk 1.2 has been released on 17th November, introducing realtime
configuration via a database source as probably their biggest new feature,
so add an extension to the database and its instantly available with no
need to restart the PBX.

--
John