[Sussex] ubuntu network problem

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Wed Nov 30 10:37:13 UTC 2005

Hi Tom

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:59:43 +0000
Tom Hinkley <tomhinkley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nov 29 12:29:57 localhost kernel: [4294677.850000] PCI: Unable to
> reserve I/O region #1:100 at de00 for device 0000:00:09.0

I wonder if there's any mileage in passing some kernel parameters
here... did you try to tweaks that Nik suggested?  I seem to remember
that PCI handling has been changing in the kernel and it may be that
you're falling foul of that.  There is a kernel option to enable the
old PCI routing scheme I believe, but I can't remember what it is off
hand...  Anyone?  I'll see if I can dig it up.

Cheers

--
Ronan
e: ronan at thelittledot.com