[Sussex] A SLUG Podcast - Another Way to Promote the Club

Mark Harrison (Groups) mph at ascentium.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 11:35:49 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 12:15 +0100, Steve Dobson wrote:

>   Attribution:  As the stated purpose of this is to promote the club
>     we should apple attribution.

Yup.

>   Noncommercial: I'm not so sure that we should invoke this bit -
> after
>     all we want to prompt the club and allowing any use may help to
>     advertise ourselves far and wide.

Yup. I'm happy with the possibility that we end up earning money for the
Club :-)

>   No Derivative Works: I think we want this, as we don't want people
>     changing what we say.

Not sure about this. If the intention is to spread knowledge of
OpenSource products, there strikes me as a certain lack of consistency
in saying "you can change that sourcecode, but you can't modify our
training material". Given the nature of the material, it would be almost
impossible to prove derivation one way or the other in any case, so I'm
tempted to say "you can create your own version of this if you want."

>   Share Alike: We definitely want to get the work spread to as wide an
>     audience as possible.

Yup.

Mark