[Sussex] (Re)introduction

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 10:32:24 UTC 2005

Dominic Humphries wrote:

>Ello!
>
>I was subscribed for a while last year, but I could never make the moots, so I
>unsubscribed again for a while. Now that I actually have a few free Thursdays,
>I figured it'd be nice to sign up again.
>
>So, since I was last here, I have:
>
>- Switched completely over to Gentoo & become comfortable with it
>
>- Got my desktop configured just the way I want it (Except for Xclock's
>mysterious refusal to change dial color, anyway)
>
>- Put some actual content on the "Linux" section of my website
>
>- Discovered a programming language I actually stand a chance of learning to use
>(Python)
>
>- Found I can run Firefox at work via a USB disk, doubling my job satisfaction
>
>- Acquired an open-source handheld console, and had fun with its emulations of
>all the old games my first ever computer, the Amstrad CPC, had
>
>- Converted my GF from XP to Ubuntu (well, most of the time, anyway)
>
>- Worked my way up to "Excellent" karma on Slashdot :)
>
>I think that's about everything. . .

Welcome back Dominic.

Seen some of your contributions at LQ. Excellent.

Still, you don't necessarily have to have free Thursdays to participate
(I'm lucky if I make 2 or 3 of the moots per year).

I'm sure that theres those of us who would appreciate your linux
knowledge and/or input to the various debates that abound!.

Plus, you might be in a position to have some input or contribution via
the BCF at Worthing that the LUG is often present at (courtesy of the
likes of Steve D., Nik, Colin, plus many many others - even me on
occassions :D ).

As I say, welcome back.

regards

John D.