[Sussex] Python console scripts

Diego Moore diego.moore at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:26:00 UTC 2005

This is so bizarre!

Been having all sort of issues with the delivery of an upgrade of an
bespoke application. A section of this were a couple of Python scripts
which run through endless loops and logs some useful details to the
console as well as the log file.

It turns out that the script pauses when the Windows [1] command
prompt is double clicked or a section of the screen is selected, the
script just pauses!!

So guess how long it took us to figure that one out?! We could not
figure out why the App will stop responding...

Does anyone know if this is common? or maybe just a bug, flippin'
annoying though.

Its running on Python 2.4.1 on Windows Server 2003. I have also
managed to replicate it on 2.4.2 + XP

Diego Moore

[1] I know this is OT, but I remember seeing some Python guys here!