[Sussex] Re:Problems with installing Debian 3.1

John Gregory john_gregory at onetel.com
Wed Oct 19 20:08:48 UTC 2005

Hi Steve

Thanks for your suggestions.
I tried changing the XF86Config-4 file but still no success so  I had a
look at the log file which has the following line

             (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice  No
such file or directory.

 From runlevel 1 ls -a  gives the following listing for /dev/input   .
..   event0   event1
However if I mount the debian partition under Knoppix or Suse  I get 13
entries in the debian directory /dev/input
  (4 events, 4js's, 4 mouses and 1 mice).

If I try remaking the device files do I need a major number and where do
I find it?

John