[Sussex] Heres a Question. not linux but open source related.

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Wed Oct 26 20:35:20 UTC 2005

Paul Tansom wrote:

> Do you get a choice, or are Pace boxes no more?

I got mine by saying I was thinking of upgrading to the 2Mb service and that
the current Pace box couldn't do that and was giving me problems anyway.

> From the information I have so far
> (again possibly out of date) you can't get a fixed IP address from NTL

It's not officially fixed IP, however mine has only changed twice in more
than 4 years (Both times when NTL had major server blow-ups). I use DynDNS
and a client Daemon to keep things pointed in the right direction. In fact
my IP stayed the same even when they swapped me to the Samsung box.

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out.