[Sussex] Following on From last nights meeting.

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Sat Oct 29 13:25:42 UTC 2005

nik butler wrote:
> Okay well we have a date of the 4th of March in the Town Hall from 11
> till 5. Its costs £200.00 for the day to book this and I need to sort
> out Public Liability. However we can charge for the day and we can have
> the whole use of the Hall for the event. Not however the seperate rooms
> so we will want to think about floor plan and vendors. This is not a
> LugRadio Live Lite event its more a Install Fest and Open Source
> Awareness day. I know I have 2 people volunteering to help organise this
> along with me  and the roles covered are Management and Organisation,
> Seminars and Technical delivery.I know need volunteers to help on the
> day ( at least 3 ). Things to resolve quickly are Graphics for marketing
> this, The Content for the day ( yes I have some ideas and what we are
> going to do ) and some volunteer speakers to pick and choose from.
>

> Over to you

First we should see if we could do something with local BBC radio
station.  See if they would do a feature or report on this.

Should also look idea of some low cost (free is possible) news in the
local papers.  They are always looking out for interesting issues well
it news on the cheep.

OK I could do print design no problem, what size are thinking of it
being in and is it in colour.  Of course I will send my design as PDF
the software I use is very close source.

Are going to charge people entry fees?  If we are to get good numbers it
should be very low.

Why dont we get in touch with lets say ... Microsoft and see if they
would sponsor this ;) (Black hummer)

I know this can all be done as was on the committees for World of Amiga
events which where lot larger scale.   We should get other local Linux
groups involved as well.

Now I can not commit to help as dont know what date this is going to
take place.

All in all it should be fun event.