[Sussex] Printer strangeness

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Sun Oct 30 10:25:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 01:01:34AM +0100, Gavin Stevens wrote:
> I have never had a printer behave in this way before, on either
> Windows or Linux. I should be most grateful for any thoughts on the
> cause of the problem.

CUPS, per chance?  I've had that before using a Canon printer.  It
turned out to be CUPS was sending an odd signal to the printer [1].
Ultimately, updating CUPS helped me in that instance.

-- Thomas Adam

 [1] This is just a very minor incident, to an otherwise
 broken application.  CUPS should be scraped.

--
"Try not to want people to like you too much, you'll just need more and
more flatteries to recharge your batteries." -- Jeffrey Lewis.