[Sussex] Disabling Xvnc the RedHat way

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Mon Oct 31 21:31:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, October 31, 2005 17:38, Steve Dobson said:
> I think I may have found the command line way:
>
>    # chkconfig --level 3 vncserver off
>
> As vncserver is only on in run level 3.
>
> Can someone confirm and that [on] is the way to re-enabled it.

That is correct, and you can find out every runlevel of a service by typing:

# chkconfig --list servicename

For example:

# chkconfig --list vncserver
vncserver       0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

You can specify all the run levels as --level 0123456, should you so desire.

The graphical version is redhat-config-services.

--
John