[Sussex] Flash (was BCF Working and Crawley)

Frances Fleming fay at uthink.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 01:29:08 UTC 2005

I can finally view the floorplan - I've got Flash installed at last :)
I counted 52 stands.

Had to use the wget command line method as simply clicking the download
button never did anything.

Thank you for your instructions and help, Steve, it all went fine after
that, although of course I have one question; please see foot of posting.

I installed the two font packages, gsfonts and gsfonts-x11, first,
before proceeding with the Flash installation.

To unpack I used
$ tar -zxvf install_flash_player_7_linux.tar.gz

and it seemed to install fine.

This is the final output:

Proceed with the installation? (y/n/q): y

NOTE: Please ask your administrator to remove the xpti.dat from the
      components directory of the Mozilla or Netscape browser.

Installation complete.

Perform another installation? (y/n): n

Please log out of this session and log in for the changes to take effect.

My question: What is it talking about, with that xpti.dat?

Frances

P.S. I shall no doubt soon be installing Flashblocker ;)
http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=45&hl=flashblock