[Sussex] Flash (was BCF Working and Crawley)

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Tue Sep 6 08:17:58 UTC 2005

Frances Fleming wrote:

> NOTE: Please ask your administrator to remove the xpti.dat from the
>       components directory of the Mozilla or Netscape browser.
>

> Installation complete.
>

> Perform another installation? (y/n): n
>

> Please log out of this session and log in for the changes to take effect.
>
> My question: What is it talking about, with that xpti.dat?

xpti.dat is the Mozilla/Firefox/thunderbird component registry file - it
keeps a record of what bits are installed/configured/used.

Unfortunately it doesn't get updated automatically :unless: it doesn't
exist. So by deleting it you are forcing it to be recreated as an uptodate
version.

To find where it's hidden from your home directory try:

find . -name xpti.dat

There may be several versions, you can delete them all (but make a copy first).

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Some people drink at the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.