[Sussex] I've got Flash now I want to watch movie clips

Frances Fleming fay at uthink.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 21:51:44 UTC 2005

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#mplayer,
> or get hold of the RealPlayer to do it
> http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#RealPlayer
>  HTH
> Pybe

Thanks for replying, Pybe.
Your posting got stuck on the lug server so only appeared late last
night, hence why I haven't replied before.

I've looked at those links, and it will probably take me some time to
work out how to intall them both correctly on my Debian box, as I've got
so used to apt-get.
Flash took ages to get right, and I needed minute instructions to do it
(which I've written up properly), but at least I've got that.

But these movie players have codecs and fonts as well as source, so I
see from the links, which led me to
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html.
As I mentioned before, I'm completely unused to doing this sort of
thing, so that instructions which look easy to experienced users are
confusing to me.

As I've got other things to concentrate on, I'll have to give them a
miss for now.

However, I have saved the links to revisit later. Thanks again.