[Sussex] Newcomer

Martin Easton m4martin at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 19 23:51:14 UTC 2005

Dave,

Ok I assume when you say login as root, that I type "root" in the login
screen. That doesn't work, so I login with my user name "martin" the only
other name I have is "admin" which I need to use when administrator
privileges were called for in the KDE desktop.

If I login as "martin" then the only window I can access similar to a DOS
window is by selecting the XTERM option. Please bear in mind I have never
used Linux until 2 days ago.

When I get to the XTERM window the YAST command is not recognised.

Sorry but still stuck.

If you use MSN messenger, or Skype we chat to resolve it if that is quicker.

Thanks

Martin