[Sussex] Unable to compile - elements of array `long_options' have incomplete type

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Mon Sep 26 16:21:30 UTC 2005

I'm having issues compiling Silky (http://silky.sourceforge.net/).
Basically, I get the following error when I'm compiling:

main.c: In function `main':
main.c: 512: error: elements of array `long_options' have incomplete type
main.c: 513:warning: excess elements in struct initializer
main.c: 513:warning: (near initialization for `long_options[0]')

which is then repeated for lines 514 and 515, followed by:

main.c: 512: error: storage size of `long_options' isn't known

I've googled for the answer, and the only thing I can find says that in
Oroborox (a completely different package with the same error) it is
looking for an IfDefine statement that is connected to long_options.

I've search through the source and can't find an IfDefine that relates
to this error, can anyone help me out?

Cheers,

Matt