[Sussex] Small local community IT project

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Wed Sep 28 09:52:06 UTC 2005

Hi Colin

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:33:08 +0100
Colin Tuckley <colin at tuckley.org> wrote:

> Ronan Chilvers wrote:
>
> > Been toying with an idea and would appreciate some opinions on it.
>
> This sounds good and from a techie/learning point of view I'm all for
> it.
>
> However, (and playing Devil's advocate here) How are you going to
> cope with the legal requirements of running something that involves
> under-18s?

I'm thinking of approaching the local community youth group
organisers (Wickbourne Centre) in Wick - I'd be looking at doing it
there I think.  I don't think I'd want to start from scratch - no
premises, etc. especially if I can bolt onto an established project.
The only small potential problem (for them not me) is that the group is
a church based and I am absolutely (but quietly!) atheist!!!???!!  Don't
know if that's an issue or not - depends on their point of view, I
guess.

Cheers

Ronan