Fw: [Sussex] Anyone into bondage?

Jon Fautley jfautley at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 07:58:37 UTC 2005

Brendan Whelan wrote:
> Ronan,
>
> Whoops - my spellckecker change "Netgear" to "Net" - this version is correct
>
>  Re: "Good thought.  I've tried bonding where one of the cards was an old
> 10mb 3Com 509, which didn't support link detection and had no joy at
> all."
>
>  The odd thing is that the problem card is new - a Netgear GA311 RevA1.

Doesn't matter - if the card doesn't support link detection then Bonding
won't work succesfully on it. I suggest going for something like an
Intel or a 3com card (new ones) as these are 'Server Class' cards and
should work pretty well.

I'd personally avoid the 'budget' cards like Realtek and Broadcom for
use in a server environment - stick with something reliable, and PDQ
(Pretty Damn Quick) like Intel :)

Regards,

Jon