[Sussex] df - what's going on?

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sun Apr 16 13:37:52 UTC 2006

Alan

On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 14:14 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 16/04/06, Rob Malpass <rob at malpass133.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> > Sorry about that - I thought changing the subject did just that - changes
> > the thread.   So in other words, you're punishing me for something I didn't
> > know.
> >

> I don't think he was punishing you. I think he was informing you.
> MIght have been a bit heavy handed (but not as heavy as it could have
> been!).

It wasn't ment to be heavy handed, just a light slap on the back of the
wrist - light punishment only.

> > Time to unsubscribe from the list methinks.
> >

> That's not necessary now is it?

But that is just want he did, I got the unsub message.

Personally I don't feel any loss.  If someone's feelings are so eggshell
thin that they can't take a little rebuke then I don't want them on this
list, because I don't want to have to watch what I type that much.

When we go thought life we make mistakes, making a mistake through
ignorance is not a sin, but neither is it a defence under law.  If you
make a mistake on this list, in ignorance or not, then expect someone,
maybe me, maybe not, to "slap your wrists".