[Sussex] Hello

Tom Green tom.green at zen.co.uk
Sun Apr 23 11:49:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm new to the SLUG, so I thought I'd drop a quick mail to say hello and
introduce myself. I'm Tom, I live in Worthing and I've been using Linux on
and off since 1998, when I found an old Slackware CD-set in a charity shop.
I've been on nothing but Linux at home since 2001/2, currently run Gentoo
after a stage of SuSE.

I'm a product support engineer for a company that builds marine electronics
(radar, GPS etc.), and I've recently managed to get some Linux into my job by
setting up and admin'ing Debian vhost FTP/HTTP server.

Aside from Linux, I like mountain biking, anything else to do with mountains,
music (Aphex Twin etc.), my motorbike, and reading.

Anyway, I hope I'll see some of you at the moot on Thursday. I'm off for a St.
George's Day pint of Bombardier now.

Tom