[Sussex] Which music manager?

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Tue Aug 1 10:51:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:00:11PM +0100, Paul Howard wrote:
> I'm 99% ready to make the switch to Ubuntu full time.

Welcome to the gang!

> I have all my hardware working, even my USB DVB adapter but I need something
> to replace Itunes. I have tried Rythmbox but it crashes all the time which
> is a shame is it seems to work well with Ipods.
>
> Any hints as to the best music manager / player to use?

I use XMMS to play my MP3s and GTKPod to manage my Ipod.  Only tried Rhythmbox
briefly and it didn't seem to do the do at the moment.  Had a flirtation
with Beep Media Player but went back to XMMS becuase I wanted to do a
fancy on screen display wotsit and XMMS had a handy plugin (couldn't get
BMP version to work).  Heard lots of scathing reports about gtkpod, but
I've never had a problem with it in about a year of use.

Now if only my Ipod would play oggs I'd be happy! :-)

Cheers
--
Ronan
e: ronan at thelittledot.com
t: 01903 739 997

This email has been digitally signed using GNUPG to verify the identity
of the sender. Please see http://www.gnupg.org/ for further information.