[Sussex] Slugoppix project

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Aug 2 11:04:24 UTC 2006

All

For those of you not at last weeks moot we have a plan for a smallish
get together to remaster our own version of the Knoppix CD.  The idea is
to make it more SLUG friendly, with help files and graphics to advertise
the LUG more.

As this is an "Open" group I thought I would ask everyone what they
think should be included on the CD.  Obviouly the desktop image should
modified with the SLUG logo. Also the default page displayed when the
web browser lanuches should be about SLUG.  But what else?

Fay is hosting this (Sat 12th Aug), and numbers, no doubt, will be
limited.  But there is no reason why art work, copy, whatever can't be
given by those on this list by those that can not attent.  Any
submissions should be accompanied by a CC license so that it can be
included on the CD.

Steve

P.S.

To those comming.

I have installed a NFS server on the workstation I am planning to bring
to the Slugoppix project.  It has plenty of disk space free in the user
account space (50G) which should be enough.  Therefore, if you are bring
a machine (laptop for example) having an NFS client installed will allow
ues to work on different parts of the CD files together.

I will also bring an eight-way switch so we can have a wired network at
least.  I probably bring my Debian mirror too.  It will make installing
of any software so much quicker.