[Sussex] Slugoppix project

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Thu Aug 3 20:28:26 UTC 2006

John

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 20:41 +0100, John Thompson wrote:
> Sounds like a very good idea - can I have one?

A CD, sure.  Just pop by the stall in September and buy one.

> What about an icon that, when clicked, installs it on your HD.
> Kubuntu has one of these.  Just waiting for my new laptop to arrive and
> then I will try it!

The flyers we hand out say how to do this with the standard Knoppix CD
so I don't think we want to do that.  The other problem I see with that
is, as I understand it, Knoppix install itself by reformating the whole
disk.  I wouldn't want an icon on the desktop that had that amount of
power, especially as we keep telling folks that Knoppix will not damage
their existing data unless they tell it.