[Sussex] Slugoppix project

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Aug 4 08:49:29 UTC 2006

Vic

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 09:29 +0100, Vic wrote:
> > As this is an "Open" group I thought I would ask everyone what they
> > think should be included on the CD.
>
> LVM

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, there appears to be a break down on
the old communications front.  My fault I feel from going back and
reading by second post to this thread.  So sorry.

The purpose of SLUGoppix, at least for me, is to produce a live CD that
we can sell to support the stall at the BCF (Worthing) events.  As such
we are targeting new users to Linux.

I was never a Linux newbie.  My previous experisence of running Sun's
Solaris OS ment I was instantly at home with Linux.  So my questions
should have been:

What should we include on the SLUGoppix CD that would make the Linux
experence better for a new commer to Linux?  Links to useful sites, how
tos, maybe a game or two.  That kinda thing.

So while the Linux Volume Manager is a useful bit of software I don't
see it as helpful to this task.

Steve

P.S.  To anyone coming to the SLUGoppix meet are we going to have a
machine available on which we can test the install?