[Sussex] Slugoppix project

Fay Zee fay.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 4 10:42:53 UTC 2006

Slugoppix Project Ideas

This is for Saturdy 12th August.

My ideas on the project are as follows:

Create our own splash screen to incorporate the Sussex Linux
User Group logo and contact info, and of course retain the
links to the official website(s).

Include a couple of vital tutorials on the disk itself, such as:
    How to use a pen drive with Knoppix
    How to save any work created
    How to connect to the internet
The first two of which I completed some time ago, with
illustrations. I'll just check if they need updating for the
latest Knoppix version.
Depending on disk space, we might need to pick a little program
to remove.

Over time, create other Knoppix-suitable tutorials to place on
our website. If Steve creates a directory for this, we can
provide the link on our new splash page.

The website tutorials can cover anything on the Knoppix CD [1].
However, if your fave program is not on the CD but would be
useful to new beginners, you could propose something else to
remove and, if it seems a good idea, we will see if we can
factor it in on Saturday ...

I am starting a new topic called
"Slugoppix Project Part 2: Web Site"
to carry on with this part, as we won't be covering this on
Saturday 12th.

Fay

[1] CD, not DVD. We are only selling the CD as the lowest
common denominator of potential users.