[Sussex] SLOGoppix - What's in a name

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Mon Aug 7 19:56:24 UTC 2006

Adam

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 14:14 +0100, Adam J Purcell wrote:
> On 8/7/06, Steven Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:
> > But if I remember right so far we have a number of single suggestions
> > for alternate names and two votes for SLUGoppix.  If this is discussion
> > over then I declare that that makes SLUGoppix the winner.

> You're right, it doesn't really matter all that much.  Looks like I've
> opened a can of worms (or should that be slugs!)  It just occurred to
> me that now is the best time to think about it, to give time to anyone
> wanting to come up with a logo ready for the weekend.

I agree.  If someone could come up with a killer name now is the time to
do it.

In an off-list conversation with Nik he is going to go and get some more
blank CDs produced with a logo.  I've slightly modified the file to add
our name.  The idea was to advertise the club and if the CD label was
generic we could put other things onto the CDs.

If you want to take a look you'll find it here:
   http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/cd-label.svg
Althought at the time of writing this lug.org.uk appears to be down.

> Anyway, I raised the question and caused a commotion.  My job here is
> done!  Time to return to the shadows..!

It's nice to see you taking an active part in the running of this
club :-)