[Sussex] Microsoft Windows minimum system's

Mike Diack mike_diack at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 7 20:08:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

Much though it pains me to say it, I think you are being a bit harsh on
Microsoft here.
I for ages ran XP very nicely on a 600MHz P3 with 768 MB RAM. It didn't fly
but it was
certainly very rarely laggy either. What I have come to realise with XP is
that RAM on a low end
system makes a HUGE difference, much more visibly so than a faster CPU. I
guess it's down to all
the caching.

Mike