[Sussex] Google mail

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Mon Aug 7 20:14:12 UTC 2006

Well we have started to issue google mail account for free at bcf.  All
we ask is for there First/Last name and there current e-mail address so
we can get google mail to invite them to there service.

Now on the invite it good chance to do some marketing so here what our
part of e-mail will look like from the invite.  What changes do you
think should be done to this text?

Hello there, this e-mail is being sent to you as you have asked someone
within Sussex Linux User Group to invited you to Google mail service.
Sussex Linux User Group will never send you any junk e-mail.

http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/

Now think good time to explain what is Linux?
Linux is a set of programs, called collectively an Operating System
(OS). An OS allows you to run other software on a computer. The most
common OS for PCs is Windows, which is now the highest cost component.
Linux is free, and growing in popularity. Running Linux saves people money.
What Is SLUG?
The Sussex Linux Users' Group provides support for Linux and other Free
& Open Source Software to enthusiasts in the East and West Sussex Area.
The SLUG is however a good excuse to chat with like-minded folk, in a
relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
How Do I Join SLUG?
We communicate mainly on a mailing list. It is free for all to join.  We
also meet in Horsham on the last Thursday of every month.  Meetings
start from 6.30pm 'til the bar closes. Information about the mailing
list and the meetings can be found on the website. So come along and
join in.  What have you got to lose?

Before you can post a question on the mailing list you will have to
subscribe to the mailing list, you can get information on how to join at:-

http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/maillist.php

If want to be able to come a join us a meetings you have to sign up each
month before hand, for more information please go to:-

http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/moots.php

What do think of the software you have got from SLUG?
If you did get software from us it would be nice if you would get back
in touch with us and tell us what you thought about it.  We would like
to know how you have got on with it.

Thank you, and bellow is how to join Google Mail, SLUG will not contact
you again, as we don't spam.

http://www.sussex.lug.org.uk/

--

C.R.A.P. formally know as DRM
Cancellation, Restriction, and Punishment

http://www.defectivebydesign.org/