[Sussex] Microsoft Windows minimum system's

Tom Green tom.green at zen.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 22:48:58 UTC 2006

> Well you could always try a full Gentoo install  - I average 21/2 - 3 days.

From bare HDD to a fairly full Gentoo system (OpenOffice, Firefox, KDE, X7,
gimp, apache, php, mysql, etc etc)  I seem to remember it took me most of a
weekend's solid compiling on my dual-Athlon box... If only I could have
afforded the 'leccy bill, had another 2 dual-athlon box's I'd have loved to
have brought in as distcc/openmosix clients.

I tried to do stage1-Gentoo-from-source on a 700MHz G3 iBook, took about a
week and a half. Seriously.

tom