[Sussex] Google mail

Colin Pickard thedruid at thedruid.co.uk
Tue Aug 8 11:41:20 UTC 2006

On 8/8/06, Geoffrey J Teale <gteale at cmedresearch.com> wrote:
> Jon Fautley wrote:
> > Remember, you can't pass another companies services off as your own
> > without explicit permission - and that sound exactly like what you're
> > doing when giving out gmail invites on 'behalf' of the SLUG.
>
> The general point about passing off someone else's service as your own
> is true - although I'm not convinced it applies here: what is being
> suggested is not fraudulent.

Are we talking about generic Google Mail or Google Mail for domains?
If generic, perhaps it would be worth considering Google mail for
domains - which could be considered a SLUG service?  I applied for it
on my own domain, and they took a couple of weeks to set it up but it
seems OK. Not used it much yet.

Colin