[Sussex] gtkpod doesn't like my mp3's

Nicholas Butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Wed Aug 9 05:56:39 UTC 2006

> It's been discussed heavily in the past on their forums. It's to do with the
> way that they load balance their podcast over various donated webspace.
>
> It doesn't happen in some podcast clients, but yes, it does in ipodder
> (which I also use).
>
> Lets hope it's fixed in Juice - the replacement for ipodder.

Well I know bashpodder had to write around it to fix the bug ( sorry
tracking feature ) but it was a  classic example of what turns some
people off from being involved in our community. Since if you read the
raised the issue youd think I was being an idiot for not being able to
handle the issue within bashpodder.  If we considered the responses and
discussions around this topic and asked ourselves if they encouraged or
discouraged an inclusive attitude within our community ?

[1] Here i define a standard as that which is currently defined by the
majority of podcast enclosures.