[Sussex] Firewall appliance recomendations

Neil Simmons nasimmons at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 13:03:54 UTC 2006

On 8/10/06, Diego Moore <diego.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone know of any Linux firewall appliances? I know I could build an
> ITX system but I really would like to buy a decent appliance (3-4
> Nics) which comes with hardware and maybe even software support.
>
> I like the Astaro range, but for what I need it's a bit pricey. The
> reason behind wanting it to be Linux is that normally you can easily
> add modules (Antivirus, IDS, etc).
>
> PS: Ideally rack-mounted too...

Erm. Not advocacy really, but until very recently I worked for the
company that makes Astaro's appliances, selling the boxen in the UK. I
actually sold the things.

The company is Nexcom (UK) Limited, they're based in Newport Pagnell.
They've got a range of boxes available from ULV Celeron (4-port) up to
2u dual-Xeon boxes.

You can reach their UK office on 1908 218877 - webpage (when it's
working) is http://www.nexcomuk.co.uk or (if it's not)
http://www.nexcom.com

They do sell to SME's in the UK (and occasionally individuals) so
might be able to help.

Oh, and the vast majority of the boxen are rackmount.

Regards

Neil Simmons