[Sussex] Firewall appliance recomendations

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Fri Aug 11 11:40:33 UTC 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 12:17:51PM +0100, John Crowhurst wrote:
> On Fri, August 11, 2006 11:50, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> > John Crowhurst wrote:
> >
> >> If you compare the system above with its 486 processor with the cheapest
> >> Mini-ITX motherboard (EPIA 533MHz with PCI slot) for £59+VAT.
> >
> > Err... maybe, but that board doesn't have *3* NICs or a CF socket which
> > makes it pretty useless for a diskless router
>
> It doesn't have 3 NICs but when used with the PCI dual riser you can
> install two NICs and choose a suitable CF adapter for its IDE.
>
> 2 slot riser card:
> http://mini-itx.com/store/?c=8#p1902
>
> CF adapters:
> http://mini-itx.com/store/?c=16#p2602

Thanks John... I'll check those out... The only slight downer is that
an Epia machine is going to be rather bigger than a soekris/WRAP
machine and one of my goals is 'as small as possible'.  However you're
right - you do get more bang for your buck...

Cheers
--
Ronan
e: ronan at thelittledot.com
t: 01903 739 997

This email has been digitally signed using GNUPG to verify the identity
of the sender. Please see http://www.gnupg.org/ for further information.