[Sussex] An MS Excel question (Sorry)

linux at oneandoneis2.org linux at oneandoneis2.org
Fri Aug 18 14:06:17 UTC 2006

I know, it's a Linux group - but I can't find an answer anywhere else,
so I'm getting desperate.

Amongst other things, we have to use Excel to track our time through
the day. So my timesheet spreadsheet is always open. But (very
cleverly!) the designer of this sheet put in some helpful macros,
including one which has the shortcut of "Ctrl-Z"

This means that no matter what spreadsheet I'm in, every time I try to
undo something I instead trigger the timesheet macro - which doesn't
undo anything, and usually fouls things up so much I have to close
both spreadsheets & reopen them.

This wouldn't be so bad, but the macros are password-protected, so I
can't just go in & disable the shortcut key.

The chances of getting the shortcut key changed are near-zero, and so
are my chances of being told the password. Is there any way I can stop
this poxy macro triggering every time I use the shortcut key in
another spreadsheet?

Thanks

Dominic