[Sussex] Debian and the nvidia driver!

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Aug 18 21:45:19 UTC 2006

John

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 21:02 +0100, John D. wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a nice, clear, straigth forward link that explains what
> debian want to call the various files and how this (installing nvidia driver)
> is done?

Can you provide a URL to the nVidia driver that you've got?  I would
like to see what the package is dependant on.

nVidia (and ATI and Matrox) don't provide open source drivers so they
have to be built for the appropate kernel.  If you have a package then
someone has done the work, but it may not yet be built for the kernel
you've installed.