[Sussex] What is the collective noun for ?

Steven Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Aug 23 14:21:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 15:10 +0100, ReducedHackers - Serenity wrote:
> So I was reading this http://reverendted.wordpress.com/ and I noticed
> that the chap rerefers to Ubuntu fans as Ubunteros  ? Well i think that
> name sucks and I wondered whom might know the collective names for Fans
> of a Distributions...
>
> here are my suggestions
>
> Ubuntu               Buntees
> Suse                   Susies
> RedHat               Hatters
> Mandrake           Flock
> Slackware           Slackers
>
> How about you !

Debian              Gods         :-)
Gentoo              Compilers    :-) :-)

Which just goes to show you should use Debian.

Steve

P.S. For those new to this group there was a number of postings way back
when when any use of the term [use] Debian was predixed with the word
"use" in square brackets.  This was seen by the Gentoo users as [ues]
Debian users trying to take over the world.