[Sussex] A beginner's guide to GNU/Linux

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 01:15:20 UTC 2006

Nic James Ferrier wrote:
> Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Oh, it has some useful tools in it. I like it's ideas about
>> auto-indentation,which I find consistent and legible. But it's not good
>> for your hands. Richard Stallman's hands are basically ruined, for
>> example.
>>

> Not anymore.
>
> I asked rms about this 3 years ago and he told me that his hands had
> been fine for quite a while.
>
> He cited the increased prevalence of softer keyboards as the reason
> why.
>
> Gosling, of course, had surgery which he swears by

Really? I saw him at the last Arisia convention in Boston, in January.
They still looked pretty bad, but maybe I'm mistaking the physical
distortions it's done for continuing painful crippling. They still look
rather odd, though. This was at Chris Shuldiner's annual booze laden
party, and RMS was wearing his disk platter halo at the time, and most
folks were drunk, nad it was really crowded, so I can't say I spent
significant time with him to discuss it.....