[Sussex] Doing more for the young

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Sun Dec 10 09:15:37 UTC 2006

Desmond Armstrong wrote:

> And is there ANY windows application which is not covered by Linux?

Lots unfortunately. Pick almost any consumer piece of electronics with a PC
connecting cable and you will find Windows only (or sometimes MAC) software.

Things like Mobile phones, GPS Car Nav systems, ipods and clones.

Yes, I know there is software for some of those,

BUT

Until all these consumer toys have Linux support (by the manufacturer) so
that the software is on the CD and can be installed just by sticking the CD
in the PC as it is now under Windows then you will have problems.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out.