[Sussex] Speedtouch, AMD64 and Ubuntu.

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Dec 11 16:54:48 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 04:42:35PM -0000, angelo.servini at claybrook.co.uk wrote:
> A friend of mine has an AMD 64 box and I have installed ubuntu 6.10 for
> AMD64 on it.  He intends to connect to Broadband via a Speedtouch 330
> usb ADSL Modem.  I downloaded the drivers for it from the Ubuntu site,
> but they wont run/install.  Could it be that I have to recompile the
> source for these, because the binaries are compiled for 32bit?

I don't know what drivers you have but the speedtch driver from the
kernel source works fine for me as long as you put the firmware in
/lib/firmware.  There are various HOWTOs about this.

Try http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/SpeedTouch/ubuntu/index.html

Simon.

--
oOoOo               <blitz> c con y a pas de /unfuck               oOoOo
 oOoOo                                                            oOoOo